Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Visits of all kinds~

Tis the season for visits...right now I am awaiting the arrival of my mother in law for a much needed "piece of home" to take away these feelings of being homesick. She has not seen Chris since Feb. He returned from war in June but since we as a family needed time together everyone was kind enough to not visit till now and Remi has made her debut so seeing us all makes it cheaper on her. I am thrilled to have a visitor. I feel like its Christmas already.
Speaking of which, we as Christians await the arrival of our Lord and Savior one day and His birthday is approaching to which we celebrate that we are saved! Yes we are saved by His birth and visit to this earth. He came and brought us freedom, love, grace, mercy & every loving thing imaginable. I eagerly await His arrival, just like I am waiting for a family member to come. For He is my Father coming to visit me. I am honestly homesick  for heaven too. For in heaven we will have finally made it to the end of this journey  and be united with our Master.  We will have reached our final resting place. No more pain or sorrow. No more worries and fear. There will be a day with no more bad anything. I for one cannot wait for that visit from Jesus!
This visit today reminds me to be patient and remember there will be a day for all things to come. Everything has a time and place, today it is of family being together and loving one another, reminding each other what to be thankful for this season. Everyday is a day to be thankful for all we have good or bad, for the Lord Himself will come and take us home one day.
Home for the holidays! wherever it may be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment